Friday 16 January 2015

Winter Blues ! and Exciting News !

Hello everyone, the weather has finally come around and it has been beautiful. Rick and I have been enjoying our walks without the frigid temperatures.

We have been keeping busy with our coffee dates and walks, we also have gotten back to toastmasters after the holidays. We attended some training for toastmasters last weekend it is great to be able to walk into a room and say "Rick find chair" and he takes me to a empty chair. No more embarrassing fumbling around. He was so well behaved for the whole thing. Everyone comments about how calm and well behaved he is. He makes me so proud. He feels like one of the kids you get those proud moments when someone complements him.

The first couple of weeks of January were very very cold to say the least. I have been trying to keep busy and stay positive but the winter sure gets to me. It always has, I guess you could say I get the winter blues. I get a little (maybe a lot) antsy when I am cooped up in the house for long periods of time, and by long periods of time I mean 1 or 2 days. ha ha ! I have been using some Essential Oils to try and combat this since I don't want to be a grumpy gus about life since it is more the weather and the restrictions it can bring. Hopefully the weather can stay half decent for a while and we can try and get out as much as possible.

 I went and bought some new luggage today to replace the one that got trashed by the airline on the way home from Guide Dogs for the Blind. I paid a little more to get a suit case that was grey with bright orange zippers and a lime green handle. This sounds a little out there and I am sure it looks that way as well. But the reasoning for it was when I get the airline to help me grab my bag at the end of a flight I have to describe my bag. I found out that there are a lot of red suitcases last time I flew so I opted for something a little bold. Rick and I will be flying to Calgary AB to visit my sister her fiancĂ© and my niece Flynn. I will also be meeting up with one of the people I was in class with at GDB (guide dogs) which will be nice. I am really looking forward to the trip.

I also have some pretty exciting news ! I will be getting back on my snowboard on January 24th. I have found a organization that will provide a sighted guide to help me get back on the slopes. I started snowboarding when I was about 10 and loved it I haven't been snowboarding in about 5 years but have always wanted to get back on the slopes. Can't wait, feel like a little kid with the excitement mounting. So hopefully I will be able lot get back to snowboarding with no broken bones.

Until Next time !
Ashley and Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment