Tuesday 7 April 2015

Snow and Golf !

Hello Everyone !

I have been keeping very busy with some new things and lots of old things. My support group is under way we have had two meetings so far and the feedback I have gotten from some of the members is great. I am happy to be working with seniors again and just doing something that I am having fun with. I look forward to our meetings and we have a lot of fun.

I am looking at doing some more volunteer type stuff with people who are visually impaired or blind. It is always great to give back to the community that has gotten you through so much. And well I have lots of experience in this department so why not put it to good use.

I am also doing some volunteer stuff for my Toastmaster Club and some other things at the Division level as well. Toastmasters has really helped me to be my own advocate and given me the confidence to go out in the world and do what I want to do. I really enjoy public speaking (even though I still get very nervous) and am hoping to get to a point where I can do more of it in a advocacy and education around blindness.

Rick has been getting sick and throwing up about once a week or so for the last month and I have been a little worried since it just started all of a sudden. So we have made a appointment at the vets for Thursday so I am hoping that it goes well. Crossing my fingers !

The dreaded snow is back again ! It has snowed a few times since it all melted for the first time and every time it snows even though I know it is that time of year where just because it leaves doesn't mean it isn't coming back I get so grouchy and sad ! I think everyone is at that point where you just want winter to end for good !

I have registered for golf this summer with the Blind Sports Association and am very excited to get back on the course ! And when you lose a bunch of balls in the bush you can blame your guide (my husband ) every time ! I go through a lot of golf balls but it is a blast golfing, my husband and I have always had fun when we golf. My kids started golfing last year as well so we all go out and have so much fun ! Can't wait for the season to start ! It will be interesting to see how Rick handles the golf course.

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and I will keep you posted on Rick's vet check.

Until Next Time
Ashley and Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment