Tuesday 24 June 2014

New way to Vacation

This summer we are going to be doing many things that we do every year, camping, going for walks, having fire works at the farm with the family, going to the beach, etc.. All the stuff lots of families do and we are also going on a little 3 day trip to the U.S.A. And doing things like going to the zoo and water sliding and so on. Why is this relevant you ask ? Well the reason I tell you these things is because now that my vision has gotten much much worse, I need to experience these things in a much different way.
It can be easy to want to just avoid doing these things since it can make you feel sorry for yourself or wish things were back to the way they were. But it is important to me that my kids don't miss out on anything. I always need to remind myself that I can still experience all these things just differently.
My kids have been great, they are so understanding and loving. They will always take the time to describe something even without me asking.
Hearing my kids giggle and laugh while we do family outings, and listening to them tell stories while we sit at the campfire and enjoying the smell and sound of the campfire are all ways that I will have a great summer with my kids.
I am hoping that others that have to deal with the effects of vision loss are able to remember to experience life to the fullest and never give up.

1 comment:

  1. Hello llow Ashley Nemeth
    My name is chelsea stark i'm a Visually Impaired photographer.
    I saw your post on Blind & Vision Impaired Friends Facebook group. And decided to take a look at the link that you posted. I particularly enjoyed your post titled New way to Vacation. I think your Post Wood be great for my latest project. I have created a blog called Blind all around the world.
    http://blindallaroundtheworld.blogspot.com
    This blog is a group of blind or visually impaired people.
    Who want to share about their life experiences as a blind or visually impaired person. We would like to inspire more blind and visually impaired people to talk about their lives and their experiences. If you would like to be a part of this blog. Please send me a message using the contact form on the blog.
    Thank you Chelsea

    ReplyDelete